YouthConnekt Cameroon Objectives
The goal of YouthConnekt Cameroon is to promote at least 1.2 million young entrepreneurs and leaders over the next five (05) years.
The goal of Youth Connekt Cameroon is to promote at least 1.2 million young entrepreneurs and leaders over the next five (05) years. To date, the programme has already connected more than 400,000,000 young people in Africa, created more than 8,000 jobs in three years of its implementation in Rwanda, and built their capacities in entrepreneurship and social innovation in an effort to increase their initiatives.
In practical terms, the specific objectives of this initiative in Cameroon by 2020 are, among others:
• The creation of 10 million young jobs;
• The creation of 25 million opportunities through youth internships in the workplace;
• The training of 1 million leaders for social change and as role models in their communities in terms of civic participation and leadership;
• The development of sustainable initiatives and policies that curb gender inequalities;
• Connecting educational institutions, using digital technology to ease the transfer of skills to local communities and stimulating the creation of Hubs in the field of technology and innovation.