Actions taken in the interest of youths in the year 2016, in domain of the promotion of associative life and the participation of youths.
MINJEC’s actions can be regrouped in 5 main domains as follows:
6- Civic Education and National Integration,
7- The economic promotion of youths,
8- Associative life and youth participation,
9- Volunteerism and
10- Actions emanating from the putting in place of the 3-year Special Youth Plan.
Concerning the promotion of associative life and the participation of youths, the following can be mentioned:
- The organisation of ordinary and extraordinary General Assemblies of the Cameroon National Youth Council (CNYC);
- The training/reinforcement of the skills of surpervisors of ‘Pairs Educateurs’ and local authorities for health, prevention of HIV/SIDA, the analysis of behavior/the catography of riscs and vulnerabilities, Life Skills in health districts;
- The participation of youths in the celebration of the African Youth Day and the International Day of Youths;
- The organisation of two national fora of youths on the occasion off the International Youth Day and the African Youth under the themes convened for the various occasions;
- The organisation of two encounters on the sensitisation of 200 youth leaders on the Special Emergency Plan,
- The organisation of 08 mobilisation campaigns on free HIV screening by 2 952 volunteers;
- Refresher courses for 3000 SPE, ECE and local authorities in road security, HIV prevention, behavioral analyses/CRV, Life Skills;
- The impregnation of 90 local actors on the ‘ALL IN’ Initiative in the priority zones of Douala, Bamenda and Garoua-Boulaï ;
- the training of 12 youth trainers in ESI and SRA in line with the program on the fight against maternal and neonatal mortality;
- the training of 58 supervisors of CMPJs alongside youth leaders in ESI and SRA in line with the program on the fight against maternal and neonatal mortality: 4 350 adolescents and youths screened;
- the organisation of 165 educative talks on intergrated (ESI) in the CMPJs: 4 023 having benefited from this innitiative this far.